Piccadilly Line Drivers To Strike Over 'Systematic Abuse'

Following a ballot for strike action which resulted in an overwhelming 88% vote in favour in a dispute over the systematic abuse of drivers and the unilateral ripping up of negotiated agreements, all RMT Train Operators and Instructor Operators on the Piccadilly Line are instructed to not book on for any turns of duty that commence between: -

12:00 hours on Wednesday 4th December 2013 and 11:59 hours on Thursday 5th December 2013.

RMT’s executive has also made it clear that should management fail to agree to a satisfactory resolution of this dispute, the union will call a further action in the form of a 48 hour strike.
RMT General Secretary Bob Crow said:
“The overwhelming 88% vote in favour of strike action can leave management in no doubt that the union is not prepared to accept the continuing abuse of individual drivers and negotiated agreements on the Piccadilly Line.

“Back in May, RMT entered onto an agreement in good faith which we hoped would be honoured and would bring an end to this long-running dispute. However, once the threat of strike action had been removed, local management began to systematically undermine and ignore the agreement which now effectively lies in tatters.

“As a result, we have had no option but to move to a ballot and to put on action to force this issue back onto the agenda and we hope that the management side will now see sense, call off the attacks on staff and agreements and give RMT an absolute and clear assurance that there will be no repeat of this intolerable situation in the future.”

> RMT National News

Friday, 26th June
Rail union RMT and the Trades Union Congress have jointly called on the government to intervene to protect skilled rail engineering jobs under threat at Balfour Beatty depots in Crewe and Preston.
Monday, 22nd June
Transport union RMT, has called for the Labour government to radically change course, after Prime Minister Keir Starmer announced a timetable to stand down.
Friday, 19th June
An RMT spokesperson said:
Thursday, 18th June
RMT members employed by Carlisle Support Services, working on the Northern rail contract will continue their long-running dispute over pay by taking 48 hours strike action from Saturday.
Tuesday, 16th June
Rail union RMT, will take strike action at Heavy Haul Rail Ltd on Thursday 25 June for 48 hours, after the company refused to rule out compulsory redundancies as part of a major restructuring programme.