TUBE UNION RMT said today that it has suspended strike action by drivers

TUBE UNION RMT said today that it has suspended strike action by drivers scheduled for next week in the Night Tube dispute after further progress in ACAS talks today.

General Secretary Mick Lynch said;

"Following further progress in ACAS talks today our Executive has decided that there are sufficient grounds to suspend next week's tube strike action.

"We remain in dispute and will be engaging in further discussions with a view to reaching a settlement.

"I want to thank our reps and our members on London's Underground whose hard work, resolve and unity has been decisive in terms of the progress we have been able ‎to achieve so far."

> RMT National News

Friday, 14th August
English Heritage has installed a blue plaque at the former Notting Hill home of Asquith Xavier (1920–1980), the railway worker whose determination to challenge racial discrimination helped bring an end to an unofficial ‘colour bar’ at London’s Euston Station.
Thursday, 13th August
RAIL union RMT praised railway workers following a serious derailment of a Southern Railways train this afternoon (Thursday August 13) near Lewes in Sussex.
Wednesday, 12th August
RAIL UNION RMT warned on the sixth anniversary of the Carmont rail tragedy today (Wednesday August 12) that the government and Network Rail needed to act on safety recommendations.
Friday, 7th August
RAIL union RMT has congratulated its members for the way they dealt with the recent power outages across the rail network.
Friday, 7th August
RMT members working at East Midlands Railway (EMR) will take further strike action tomorrow (Saturday August 8) after the company sent out yet another faulty train this week.