Bakerloo Branch matters

Dear Bakerloo branch member,

STRIKE ON LU – 29th and 30th of April – JOIN THE PICKETS!

BRANCH MEETING – 15:00 hours Monday 12th of May – Nominate RMT General Secretary


STRIKE ON LU – 29th and 30th of April – JOIN THE PICKETS
RMT has called out all LU members on strike over the Every Job Matters dispute. Do not book on for any shift that begins from 21:00 hours on Monday 28th of April until 20:59 on Wednesday 30th of April. 8 weeks of talks at ACAS have failed and LU refused to carry out their promise to review every station on the combine or that “some stations may stay open”. We are fighting to defend jobs, keep ticket offices open and to stop the austerity measures imposed on London’s Underground. These cuts amount to only 4% of the cuts they want to make and clearly they plan to come for every other grade to find the other 96%. We need to fight now to stop this attack on LU. Notably during these talks LU have openly stated they will be coming for our pensions as well. The time to fight is now! We had two days of magnificent strike action and solidarity in February. Strike next week to defend the job on LU. You can join the Bakerloo Branch’s pickets at Elephant & Castle and Queens Park stations from 5am on both days. Vibrant and lively, join the pickets and help us win this dispute. Please email me for further details if necessary.

You can watch LU Director Mike Brown totally lose it on BBC news yesterday evening here:
Brown comes across as aggressive and bullying. LU are obviously rattled that we've got them on this breach of promise to review every station and that some stations may stay open. Brown and LU have been rumbled! Not a good day for PR on LU.

BRANCH MEETING – 15:00 hours Monday 12th of May – Nominate RMT General Secretary
The next Bakerloo Branch meeting will be at 15:00 hours on Monday 12th of May, upstairs in the Red Lion, Kingly Street, near Oxford Circus station. We will review our dispute on London Underground and also importantly the Branch will make our nomination for who we want to be the next General Secretary of our proud union. All candidates in the election have been invited and will address the branch. There will be ample opportunity for discussion and debate before we have the vote of the members of the branch. This is obviously important for the future of the union so please try and come along and play a part in the union’s democracy.

Bakerloo Branch members and our banner will be in attendance at the May Day march to honour our much loved, former General Secretary, Bob Crow. The union is mobilising nationally to show our respect and to celebrate the life of Bob. May Day, International Workers day is the perfect way to do this and Bob would have thoroughly approved. Join us for what will be a good day out to honour a giant in the trade union movement both nationally and internationally.

Assemble Clerkenwell Green, EC1 at 11 am and march to Trafalgar Square where a rally takes place starting around 14:30. Bob’s partner Nicola Hoarau and the RMT President, Peter Pinkney will be the keynote speakers. I hope to see you there.

In solidarity,

Brian Munro
Branch Secretary