Tube drivers strike tonight

Tube drivers' strike on Central Line East goes ahead tonight as LU fail to take talks process seriously.
TUBE UNION RMT confirmed today that strike action on the Central Line East goes ahead as planned tonight after LU management failed to take the talks process seriously yesterday and showed a total disregard for the core issues at the heart of the dispute. No further talks are currently planned.

Following last month’s rock solid strike action against the forced displacement of Central Line Train Operators, and having consulted with local reps , RMT’s National Executive Committee is calling on all affected members at Hainault, Leytonstone and Loughton Traincrew Depots NOT TO BOOK ON for any shifts that commence between:-‎

21:00 hours on Tuesday 21st February 2017 and 20:59 hours on Wednesday 22nd February 2017

RMT has met the company on numerous occasions, including the talks yesterday, in an effort to reach an acceptable solution to this dispute but despite the best efforts of our negotiating team, LUL have maintained that they will be proceeding with the displacements. RMT therefore had no option but to put on further strike action to reinforce the demand that management return to talks and halt the forced and unacceptable displacements until agreement is reached. That action is on and pickets will be out in force.

Mick Cash, RMT General Secretary, said:

“RMT negotiators have made strenuous efforts to resolve this dispute but the door has been slammed in our faces. The action and goes ahead tonight and the impact will be severe and widespread and the blame for that lies firmly at the door of an intransigent LU management that refuses to see sense.

“Let us be in no doubt, if LU are allowed to get away with this move on the Central Line they will start shunting drivers around the combine at the drop of a hat regardless of the consequences. Our members will be sent out from pillar to post to plug gaps that are solely down to staffing shortages. With massive budget cuts in the pipeline at LU this is a straw in the wind as to how the company expects to operate in the future.

“Staff across London Underground are angry and the company would be wise to recognise that. The action starting tonight is on and RMT remains available for serious talks but is down to the company to show that they are prepared to listen and engage with our negotiating team.”

> RMT National News

Thursday, 22nd June
RMT hits out as public sector option excluded from West Coast Partnership and South Eastern rail franchises.
Thursday, 22nd June
RMT confirms new strike dates on Merseyrail in fight to retain safety-critical guards
Thursday, 22nd June
RAIL UNION RMT confirmed today that guards and drivers on Southern Rail will strike again for 24 hours in the on-going disputes over the safety impact of the extension of Driver Only Operation and the removal of guards from services.
Thursday, 22nd June
RMT confirms a further three days of strike action on Arriva Rail North in guards' safety dispute
Thursday, 22nd June
General Secretary Mick Cash said.