ISS Cleaners Show Determination To Fight For Better Pay And Conditions As Over 95% Vote Yes For Industrial Action
That we note the result of the ballot for strikes and action short of strikes are both as
|Total votes cast||43|
|Number voting “Yes”||40 (95.2% of valid vote)|
|Number voting “No”||2|
We congratulate our members on their determination to fight for better pay and conditions for this super-exploited and badly-treated workforce.
Following consultation with our lead officer and representatives, we instruct all members on this contract to take strike action by not booking on for any duties starting on or after 05:30 on Friday 27 July and to return to duties starting on or after 05:30 on Sunday 29 July.
We further instruct the General Secretary to:
- send a personal letter by post to all members involved, explaining this action.
- email our London Underground members, urging their support for this action.
- facilitate a high-profile demonstration on the opening day of the Olympics in the Stratford station / Olympic Park proximity, highlighting our members’ claim and our wider concerns and using all means at our disposal to make the event a success
- urgently produce a leaflet for public distribution about this dispute and arrange an online campaign via LabourStart
- place on the agenda of the Council of Executives our lead officer’s recommendation for payments from the Disputes Fund for these members.
Any developments to be placed in front of us.
London Transport Regional Council and branches to be advised.