Support the Posties: Links and contacts
Submitted by admin on 31 October, 2009 - 10:52
- Communication Workers' Union (national)
- CWU London region
- CWU London branches
- 'Royal Mail chat': rank-and-file postal workers' website
Contact details for support groups in London:
- Tower Hamlets - 07532 364638 / 07961 337640
- Brent - 07931 289199
- Hackney - 07960 798399
- Greenwich - 07930 953265
- Lewisham/Brockley - 07506 790733
- Islington - 07950 075088
- Haringey - meets Wednesday October 28th, 7.30pm at the North London Community Centre Moorefield Rd N17 - behind Bruce Grove BR
- Central London - 07946 480261
- Ealing / Southall - email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- All-London postal workers' support group - 07986 936094
- Waltham Forest - 07905 765705
- Battersea and Wandsworth (Nadine Houghton at BWTUC) - 07946 172461
Latest headlines from rmt.org.uk
S Stock tube drivers on Hammersmith and City and Circle lines to take action over attack on working...
TUBE UNION RMT confirmed today that driver members at a range of depots serving the Hammersmith and City, Metropolitan and Circle Lines will be taking industrial action in a dispute arising from the introduction of the new S Stock fleet.
In separate ballots conducted over the past two weeks, tube drivers, cleaners and TFL electricians and engineers have voted overwhelmingly for action in a series of disputes over attacks on agreements and working conditions, pay and threatened redundancies.
RMT General Secretary Bob Crow said: 'This is another blast of bad news to hit Jubilee Line users after the repeated problems with the fleet and the automated operating system.
TUBE UNION RMT confirmed today that electricians and engineers working for contractors Mitie on the TFL contract are to be balloted for strike action and action short of a strike in a dispute over redundancies and unilateral changes to working conditions.
S Stock tube drivers on Hammersmith and City, Metropolitan and Circle lines to be balloted for action over attack on working conditions